Each pre-school session is carefully planned around the topic of the week, the number and letter of the week and the Early Learning Goals. Session planning ensures that over the term the children have a chance to use the full range of equipment and try out a wide assortment of arts and crafts. We have an extensive and diverse range of equipment designed to stimulate and challenge the children while they learn through play. The equipment is changed each day and during the session.
- 9:15am – 9:45am: Registration and theme of the week discussion
- 9:45am – 10:50am: Free play
- 10:50am – 11:00am: Tidy up time
- 11:00am – 11:10am: Hand washing
- 11:10am – 11:35am: Snack time in Colour groups
- 11:35am – 12:00pm: Group activities (eg singing, dancing, parachute)
- 12:00pm – 12:15pm: Story time
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm: Lunchtime (except on Friday where those not staying for lunch leave at 12:15pm)
Pre-school plus and lunch
On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, we hold our Pre-school plus from 12:15pm to 2:45pm. During these sessions we aim to develop writing skills, basic number skills, letter and colour work in a smaller group. Working in a small group gives the less confident children an opportunity to ask questions or to volunteer information. It also enables us to use different, more complex equipment. The children begin the session by having their lunch with members of staff.
Information coming soon ...